Saturday, December 18, 2010

Death #4 Impalement

Fot this piece I used plaster bandage to mold both my head and hand. For the head I wore a swim cap and covered my face and head with vasline, then plaster. I did the face in two parts and then assembled, and the hand in one part. I used a kitchen knife for the impalement and acrylic paint mixed with water for the blood. I assembled and photographed this piece while babysitting my little brothers. They've both decided they will never become artist because its too scary.

2 comments:

  1. I like the setup, but do you think you could do some dramatic lighting on the head to get better contrast between the head and the sheet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this looks really good. I like that the head and hand are the only things visible. I think more blood would make it more dramatic, because if you were really stabbed, there would be a lot of blood, especially from a head wound.

    ReplyDelete