Saturday, October 2, 2010

Death #2 Obesity


For this second piece I used clear packing tape to create the torso and legs. I filled the torso with fast food wrappings and darkened red jello. the torso is split open and leaking "guts" to add to the disgusting factor as well as show how the obese are bursting. On the table in front of the piece lays a Big Mac (I had a fun time buying my very first Big Mac). I hope pre-mature death is evident in this piece through the cut open torso and the "guts" hanging out.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, tasty. I really like what you have here so far but personally I think you could go even more extreme with stuff hanging out of the torso! Right now you just see the little dribbles at the bottom but you could definitely exaggerate it further. Or maybe you can't, it's probably starting to smell at this point and I dunno how you're handling that. Anyway, it's a great conceptual piece and I think it fits your concentration very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am inclined to agree with Georgia above. I would like to see more intentional decision making with emphasizing the guts. You have a very strong idea conceptually and with a bit more emphasis on the torso (I'm envisioning a very obese torso with packaging up through it and spilling out the head), I think your point will be communicated more clearly. You are taking great risks and I appreciate your time and thinking behind your project work!

    ReplyDelete