Sunday, January 9, 2011

Death #7 Walled


So this project was one of the most challenging yet. I started with plaster bandage molds of my face and hands. I then constructed the 5" x 2" wooden box from spare ply wood in our garage. I mixed my cement and laid my first layer in the box then fit in my face and hands. Then I mixed a second layer of cement over the sculpture and let it dry. I spray painted the piece black first then with a stone texture paint. 

2 comments:

  1. Ok I want you to Google starwars and Hans solo :). Any way I love what you have but i think you should take a picture of it in a different location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hans Solo in ep. 5 defiantly inspired me some here :) I would like to take the picture somewhere or change the background but it is a 5 foot 150 pound block of concrete so its not exactly easy to move... anyone have background ideas?

    ReplyDelete